Asparagus Spinach Dip
Don’t forget the chips and dip for this week-ends get togethers. What better way to serve your guests than with this hot cheesy, bubbling tasty asparagus spinach dip served with a bowl full of whole wheat parmesan pepper chips, no one will leave any behind.
Asparagus Spinach Dip is a great snack to hold back a hungry crowd ready for a feast, whip up a full dish of this dip with some baked whole wheat parmesan chips, and give yourself time to finish perfecting your main entree.
Just as another way to enjoy this dip, I served it for lunch with some sandwiches, and it was a great mid day combination that everyone enjoyed. How ever you decide to enjoy this appetizer I hope you leave a comment and let me know what you think. Thanks and enjoy!
Asparagus Spinach Dip
Recipe type: Appetizer
Serves: 1 dip dish
- 1 cup 1% plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup light cream cheese
- 2 tbsp. goat cheese
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. ground flax seed
- 8oz. bag baby spinach
- 1 lbs. asparagus
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1″ piece of fresh ginger
- 1 green onion
- ¼ red pepper chopped
- ½ cup shredded Monterey cheddar
- I also added some chopped up pistachios on the very top to add a little crunch and an extra great flavour this can be optional for you.
Whole Wheat Parmesan Pepper Pita Chips
- 1 bag whole wheat pitas
- 2 tbsp. parmesan cheese
- ⅛ tsp. sweet chilli
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ⅛ tsp. garlic and herb
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil or flavourless coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400F line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash trim and cut off ends off asparagus, pat dry and lay on baking sheet drizzle with olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper, bake in oven for 10-12 minutes till fork tender and nicely roasted, set aside and allow to cool.
- In a saute pan heat up olive oil on medium heat add mashed garlic and chopped onion, for 1 minutes stirring frequently, add grated ginger and spinach stir and cook for 3-5 minutes till spinach is all wilted and cooked, season with sea salt and pepper, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a food processor combine spinach mixture and asparagus pulse till well blended and pureed.
- Place puree into a bowl add plain Greek yogurt, and softened cream cheese mix till well blended, add goat cheese and parmesan mix again
- Pour mixture into a baking dish top with chopped red pepper, and a layer of grated monterey cheddar, sprinkle ground flax seed on top and bake in the oven at 375F for 15-20 minutes till heated through and cheese is bubbling.
- For this recipe I love to eat whole wheat pita chips as a complete snack combination, these chips are easy to make and they variety of different taste combinations are endless. With this dip I made a parmesan and herb pita chip.
- Take a bag of whole wheat pita chips cut each pita into 8 pieces place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, I actually use two baking sheets, lay cut up pita onto baking sheets spreading out so they do not over lap. Brush olive oil or flavourless coconut oil over top of pitas
- In a small dish combine 2 tbsp. parmesan cheese, ⅛ tsp. sweet chilli, ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper, and ⅛ tsp. garlic and herb, mix and sprinkle over pitas, place in the oven at 375F and bake for for 15-20 minutes turing over once until brown and crispy to your likeness.