Avocado & Apple Sandwich
I love quick and easy lunches, and nothing gets much easier than this Avocado and Apple Sandwich. Avocados are filled with so many goodies for our health, I eat them a couple of times a week at the minimum, pair that with slices of a crisp, and juicy organic apple, and you got your self a tasty little sandwich, getting fruits and veggies all in one mix, and best of all its absolutely painless.
I always try to eat on the healthy side, but don’t think I enjoy every minute of it cause there are times when I want to push that side dish of veggies as far away from me as possible, and eat some fries or a bag of chips and dip, but then I know I will not only feel guilty, but gross inside as well. Bad food as much as it is appealing, and tasty at the time, always makes me feel drained, and it takes my metabolism a couple of days to catch up, and feel better afterwards, so it’s just not worth the tourcher for me. I’m not saying I never eat chips, cause I do, I just try to choose better ones, like ones that are baked, not fried, and ones that are made with sweet potato or veggies, there are even rice chips that are not half bad, pair them with a great fresh homemade dip and you got yourself a great little snack.
Any how, I’m getting side tracked as usual, back to the sandwich. I added a hand full of baby spinach to it making it a very well-balanced sandwich with plenty of vitamins, and minerals to give you on going energy, lasting you up till dinner time approaches.
If you haven’t included avocados in your diet before, give them a try, and find great simple recipes, making it easy to include them into your weekly meals. Avocados provide an excellent source of vitamin E, which protects and fights against many diseases, such as heart disease and cancer, they also contain a good level of folate, a necessary vitamin for women who are pregnant. Avocados are high in beta-sitosterol, a compound that in research has shown to drop cholesterol levels after eating avocados for one week. So you can see that avocados are a little power house food, lingering around every grocery store, waiting for you to pick them up and indulge in its many benefits.
Hope you enjoy your lunch today, and remember to pick up some avocados on your next grocery trip, Ciao for now.
Avocado & Apple Sandwich
Recipe type: Sandwich
Serves: 1 sandwich
- 1 bun or wrap if you prefer
- ½ an avocado
- ½ triangle of light laughing cow cheese
- ½ an organic apple peeled and sliced
- small hand full of baby spinach rinsed and patted dry
- pinch of pepper
- Slice your bun open, place onto a plate
- Cut half of an avocado, and wrap the other half for tomorrow or later, peel the skin off the half you are using and remove pit, place it into a bowl, and mash it with a fork, add ½ of a triangle of light laughing cow cheese and mash it into the avocado, until mixed in well and mixture is creamy, season it with a pinch of pepper.
- Spread the avocado mixture onto the bun add a handful of baby spinach after you have rinsed it and patted it dry.
- Peel and cut half an apple, remove the pit and slice it into stripes, place it on the sandwich, place the top of the bun on the sandwich and you are ready to enjoy.