Berry Spinach Salad
I hope that all you mother’s out there had a special mother’s day this year, and that you had the chance to spend the day with the people who you love, and maybe had a chance to relax and kick your feet up for a few hours. I had to laugh a little at my own statement because kicking your feet up feels so weird when you don’t ever do it. I had a great Sunday playing in the dirt in my new garden that my husband and son worked real hard to build for me. It was nice having all of us playing in the sun all together. We bought this house we live in 3 years ago, and we have been working so hard doing all the renovations on it a little at a time, the garden has never been done, and when we bought the house it had already been neglected, so when I mention it being a lot of hard work to get it going, it’s an under statement. I have been pulling weeds and turning soil for a few weeks now, doing a little here a little there, and its all starting to pay off, looking great, now just need to go buy a truck load of flowers:)
All the hard work this week-end has made my body feel like I have run a triathlon, so giving my body some energy boosting vitamins seems like the right plan to keep me going all week-long. Today I am going to share my Berry Spinach Salad recipe with you, so next time you need some energy or immune boosting food hopefully you will remember this recipe and get to the kitchen and pull it all together.
All the berries, such as strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and black berries have such great antioxidant immune boosting properties guaranteed to getting you feeling great. The spinach is full of iron and the pistachios are a great source of many different minerals and vitamins, but one of the one’s the stand out the most is the offering of vitamin B6, which helps speed up the metabolism and keep you slim and fighting those fat cells. This salad tastes great, and with all the health benefits it has to offer I promise you will fall in love with it even more once you taste it for the first time. Get life tossed up right with this Berry Spinach Salad and start enjoying the good life that greens and berries have to offer.
Berry Spinach Salad
Recipe type: Salad
- 8 ounce bag of baby spinach washed and pat dry.
- 6 fresh strawberries sliced
- 8-10 blackberries washed left whole
- ¼ cup unsalted pistachios shell removed
- 2 tbsp. diced red onion
- 2 tbsp. crumbled feta cheese
Ingredients for Blueberry vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fig balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 tsp. organic wild blueberry jam
- Wash and pat dry baby spinach, place it in a bowl, wash fruit and remove pistachios from the shells
- Slice strawberries, and chop onion, place them into the bowl. Leave the blackberries whole and toss them into the bowl as well and pistachios as well.
- In a small separate bowl mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, and blueberry jam, mix it well, drizzle it over your salad as little or as much as you prefer, toss salad to coat evenly and sprinkle the top with feta cheese.
****BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR LABELS ON THE DIJON MUSTARD AND PURCHASE GLUTEN FREE DIJON*****