Bunalicious Banana Oat Bundt Cake
It’s Friday and what better way to end a busy week than with a sweet chocolate treat so good you will hope for some mushy bananas all the time.
I love the name Bunalicious Banana Bundt Cake, it sounds yummy, and trust me it is. I had some mushy bananas on my hands, and I didn’t feel like making an ordinary muffin or cake or even loaf, so I thought for a little while, I even asked the hubby what he felt like having me make for him with the bananas, and I didn’t really like his answer, cause it was muffins, but I wanted to compromise so I thought what about a nice caramelized banana oat bundt cake. It has the texture of a muffin on the inside, and the look of a luscious cake on the outside, and did I mention these beauty’s are a great little size to share with someone special, even though you will really just want it all for yourself. I suggest sharing because it not only nice to do, but you don’t want your guilt radar to sky-rocket. I counted the calories on one of these little bundt cakes myself, so It may not be 100% accurate, but I feel comfortable telling you that it rang in at 386 calories, per bundt, cut that in half when you share with someone and it’s under 200 calories, that’s less than a non satisfying chocolate bar made with who knows what. I know that seems like a lot, but when you look at the size of it, you can see that it really is a small cake, so when I say sharing is caring, it really is, and trust me indulging in half of one of these is plenty to satisfy a sweet tooth craving, and reward yourself for a long week. For an indulging treat this is one to splurge on.
Bunalicious Banana Oat Bundt Cake
Recipe type: Cake
Serves: 6 cakes
- 1 cup large oats
- 1 cup organic white flour
- ½ cup organic whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ⅛ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 6 tbsp. Xyla sugar or organic sugar
- 4 tbsp. organic coconut palm sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 bananas mashed
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 tbsp. coconut oil melted
Inside the Pan
- 3 tsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. coconut palm sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 banana sliced
- ½ cup chopped dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp. skim milk
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Place 2 tbsp. coconut palm sugar in a dish add 1-1/2 tsp. cinnamon and ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- Spray each bundt tin with a non stick baking spray, place ½ tsp. of coconut oil into each bundt pan I made a tray of 6 bundts
- Place in the oven and allow pan to heat up 1-2 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle coconut palm sugar mixture into each tin divide evenly set pan aside while you prepare the batter, don’t forget the pan is hot.
- In a bowl combine both flours, oats, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt, whisk to blend.
- In another bowl, whisk egg with both sugars, mash bananas on a plate using a fork and add to the bowl, add cinnamon, and vanilla whisk to blend, blend in melted coconut oil.
- Blend in flour mixture with the wet mixture, blend till all the ingredients are well incorporated, pour batter evenly into the 6 bundt tins, place in the oven on the middle rack and bake for 40-45 minutes until golden brown and a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and flip bundt pan over upside down onto a baking sheet. Leave it flipped over for 30 minutes, and allow it to rest, do not disturb it.
- After 30 minutes remove the bundt cakes from the pan onto a dish, place ½ cup of chopped dark chocolate into a bowl, add 1 tbsp. milk and place in the microwave for 30 seconds, stir it well until chocolate is smooth and melted, pour the chocolate into a zip lock bag cut a small part of the corner off and drizzle over the bundt cakes.