Flat Bread Pizza
It’s Wednesday, that means we’ve made it half way through the work week, and why not give yourself a little mid-week break from hard work, and enjoy something simple for dinner tonight. We’ve all made cheat pizzas on flat bread a time or two, but I have a new love for pizza night, cause with this new little find is even more delicious, and easy to make.
Lets face it we all have those I don’t feel like cooking days from time to time. Yes even a food lover like me doesn’t feel like cooking all the time, every single day. Every once in a while I crave for something quick, and easy to make for my family that doesn’t compromise their health.
A couple of days ago I was at the Wal-Mart super store, I was doing some grocery shopping, and I came across these 100% whole grain stone fire flat bread, so I thought well your coming home with me tonight. Today turned out to be one of those I don’t feel like really cooking kind of days so I pulled out this great find, and managed to whip up some delicious quick, and easy pizzas for dinner. The part that mainly caught my eye with this particular brand at the store was the fact that they are preservative free, a sure winner for me all the time.
These turned out beautifully everyone really enjoyed them, and I got to sneak out of kitchen duty for one night. Next time you feel like having a night of simplicity with still all the goodness of a meal cooked from scratch, stop by your local Wal-Mart superstore and find these great 100% whole grain preservative free Stone fired flat breads and create a pizza night to remember.
Flat Bread Pizza
Recipe type: Pizza
- Each package of the 100% whole grain preservative free flat bread packages has 3 medium sized flat breads, so choose as many as you need for your family or guests.
- Pizza sauce either home made or store bought, if opting for store bought purchase an organic good quality brand fro a better outcome.
- About 1-2 cups of light mozzarella cheese again depending on how many you are making, I don’t like to drown my pizza in cheese.
- Then what ever toppings you enjoy, I try to keep my pizzas on the vegetarian side for a better healthier choice.
- Line a couple of baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 425F
- Place flat breads out onto baking sheets, top each one with a heaping tablespoon of pizza sauce or more if you like, spread it out tile close to the edge of the flat bread, top the sauce with mozzarella, then your choice of ingredients.
- One of my favourite pizza combinations is roasted asparagus, mushrooms, sun-dried tomato, green onion and feta cheese.
- Place the pizzas in the oven and bake for 15 minutes until cheese is bubbling and edges of pizza are slightly browned.
- serve warm, with a side salad to complete the meal.