Herb Pumpkin Biscuits
I had left over pumpkin from making Nutella Pumpkin Oat Bars, it’s one of the hubby’s favourite, so I was feeling nice and made some for him to take to work in his lunch. The last time I made them I used the left over pumpkin to make Butterscotch Pumpkin Granola, and Pumpkin Butterscotch Scones, I think I may have an addiction to butterscotch lol. This time I was feeling like having something to make me feel warm and cozy, and what better way to feel that way than indulging in some fresh, and warm out of the oven Herb Pumpkin Biscuits with a smear of melting butter.
You really can’t go wrong when making biscuits, they go great with many main dishes for lunch or dinner, they also are great for breakfast, maybe slide an egg white in between, and breakfast is looking fast and complete in no time.
Biscuits are also among some of mt favourite bread making to do since, its quick, and easy to make, also you can incorporate many healthy ingredients into them, improving their taste and versatility. Prime example are these Herb Pumpkin Biscuits, loaded with wholesome goodness from the pumpkin puree to the whole grains whole wheat flour, Greek yogurt and fresh herbs. I don’t think bread gets too much better than this!
Hope you give them a try, and remember to keep this recipe handy for when the holidays start to roll around, everyone at your festive table will love them. Ciao for now.
Herb Pumpkin Biscuits
Recipe type: Biscuits
Serves: 16 biscuits
- 2 cups organic whole wheat flour
- 2 cups organic white flour
- 2-1/2 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 tsp. ground sage
- 2 twigs fresh rosemary chopped
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup unsalted butter cubed
- 1-1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp. honey
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ skim milk
- Pre-heat oven to 400F, line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place both flours into a large bowl, mix in baking powder, sea salt, ground ginger, sage, nutmeg, and chopped rosemary. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine, pumpkin puree, honey, plain greek yogurt, milk, mix well.
- Take the butter and drop it into the bowl with the flour mixture, using you hands work it into the flour till flour is course and crumbled.
- Pour pumpkin mixture in with the flour mixture, blend with a wooden spoon or your hands, turn out onto a clean working surface and gently fold the dough together, do not over knead just fold it in, roll out the dough to about ¾” thickness. Cut out biscuits using a cookie cutter or like the old school way that I do, pull out that old heavy round glass and press down twisting to cut out the round biscuit.
- Place cut out biscuits onto lined baking sheet, place in the oven on the middle rack and bake for 22-25 minutes till tops are golden in colour.