- 1 whole wheat tortilla wrap
- 2 slices of preservative free ham
- 2-3 slices of favourite cheese (marble, cheddar, mozzarella, laughing cow cheese spread)
- A few different cookie cutters
Kids Shapely Sandwiches for a Fun Lunch!!!
Sometimes being a little creative is all you need to get your kids excited to eat their lunch. When they are excited and happy to eat then that equals you not having to sit at the table for an hour saying, ” come on just a few more little bites pppplease!” I know we have all resulted to begging our own children at one point or another, and on the plus side of things you can feel relaxed to know that you gave them something good for lunch with no preservatives and most of all they are happy and so are you!
- Slice a few slices of preservatives free ham. I like maple leaf products, but there are a few different companies that are now making preservative free deli meats.
- With a mini cookie cutter cut out ham into shapes, I make about 6 tiny shapes
- Now cut out shapes from a whole wheat tortilla wrap, correspond the shapes with the meat to make little sandwiches. So If you have two slices of bunny for the meat cut out 4 bunnies from the tortilla wrap.
- Slice a few slices of your favourite type of cheese. My son likes marble cheese.
- Now make your sandwiches, I spread a small amount of olive oil mayo on one side.
- Now you can cut up an apple or pear with a glass of milk and that makes a complete lunch that you or your children will be happy to eat.