- • 4 eggs separated
- • 250g ricotta cheese
- • 3 tbsp. sugar
- • ½ cup gluten free all purpose flour mix
- • Zest from 1 lemon
- • ¼ cup of mashed raspberries
LEMON, RASPBERRY, RICOTTA PANCAKES
These pancakes are going to make you feel like you have found the missing link to life! The zest of lemon, the sweetness of raspberries and the creaminess of ricotta all in one pancake makes this pancake the best pancake recipe since pancakes were created. They taste so fluffy and full of amazing flavours, you are going to want to make these for yourself everyday. You can’t leave out the fresh raspberry topping or natural pure maple syrup because it completes the pancake.
Some times I like to add a little dark chocolate glaze on top for an amazing combination of flavours of bitter and sweet, they really complement each other. I just simple place half a cup of dark chocolate morsels in a microwave safe bowl with 1 tbsp of milk substitute like almond milk, and heat it up for 20-30 seconds, then I take it out of the microwave and give it a good stir till all ingredients are smooth and well blended. I usually place the melted chocolate into a small zip lock bag and cut off a small piece of one of the corners and drizzle the chocolate over the pancakes. I find it easier to do it this way so I don’t have to dirty a piping bag for so little.
- In a large bowl mix together egg yolks, ricotta, sugar flour, raspberries and lemon zest.
- In another bowl whisk egg whites with an electric beater till white peaks form.
- Gently fold whites into pancake mixture, be careful to not over mix, as it will give you a runny mixture.
- Heat a non stick pan on medium heat
- Using a small ladle poor batter on cooking pan and cook for approximately 2 minutes on each side till golden brown, serve with all natural maple syrup.