BBQ Strip Beef Sandwich
It’s a beautiful thing when you get dinner started in the morning, forget about it till just before it’s time for dinner, and it’s like someone made it for you. That is the beauty of having a crock pot. I love them, and I know I have mentioned that in previous posts, but I really do. You have a little mess at first just to brown the meat if you are making a roast of some sort than it’s smooth sailing from there. Now there is a new crock pot on the market I have my eye on, its by Cuisinart, and its a 4 in 1, you can steam, roast, saute and slow cook all in one. Gonna get some how, some day.
This recipe is a great tasting roast beef BBQ sandwich to bring along with you to work, on a picnic, or just for you and the family on a week day night at home for dinner. It’s always a great hit, making everyone feel satisfied with full tummies and happy picky eaters. The little secret to making this recipe taste so great is the root beer, it gives the roast a unique flavour that everyone will love and my roasts have always turned out juicy and tender. Make sure to look for the sugar free root beer so your not adding extra unnecessary calories and sugar to your meal.
BBQ Strip Beef Sandwich
Recipe type: Beef Recipes
Serves: 1 roast
- Beef Roast
- ½ Sliced red onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1-2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 can sugar free root beer
- 1 tbsp. Whiskey BBQ by clubhouse
- ½ cup NEW! Xyla Brand Xylitol BBQ Sauce – Chipotle Flavour(see notes for information on BBQ sauce)
- 1 bag of whole wheat thin burger buns
- Sliced cheese of choice
- Sliced peppers
- Pre-heat oven to 300F or warm up your crock pot
- Rub the roast with olive oil and season with Whiskey BBQ seasoning place in the roast pan or crock pot
- Slice up red onion and toss into the pan or pot, mash the cloves of garlic using the back of your knife and toss it in as well.
- Pour the entire can of root beer over the roast, cover with lid and place in the oven for about 2-1/2 to 3 hours, if you are making a bigger roast time will vary. If you are using a crock pot you should cook it on low for 7-8 hours.
- Once your roast is done cooking remove it from the oven or pot and allow to rest wrapped in tin foil for 15-20 minutes, discard the fluids in your pan, but you can reserve the onions.
- Once the meat has rested, pull it apart it should fall apart easily, put back into the roast pan or crock pot, pour BBQ sauce of choice over top and mix so all the meat is coated in the BBQ sauce, place back in the oven and allow for the meat to heat thru again about 10 minutes, in the mean time you can prepare you buns, slice some peppers and a little cheese, and assemble your sandwiches when ready.
If you are using a crock pot for this recipe it will take around 7-8 hours for cooking time. You can also add saute mushrooms or other vegetables that you like NEW! Xyla Brand Xylitol BBQ Sauce – Chipotle Flavour can be bought on line at http://store.xylitolcanada.com/ This BBQ sauce has no sugar, no artificial sweeteners, its made in the USA, its safe for diabetics, Gluten Free, low Sodium, Corn Free, No MSG Fat Free and Cholesterol Free, and best of all the prices are really reasonable.