Strawberry Rapini Sandwich
Oh my goodness, I just realized that it’s already lunch time, and I haven’t done much of anything except have my head buried in this computer all morning. I had to do a double take at the time, to make sure it was really saying 11:45am, and the third time I looked it said 11:46am, so I was sure the morning really had flown by me with any notice.
I guess I shouldn’t say that I didn’t do anything since I have gotten 2 loads of laundry washed and hung to dry, made breakfast, published a new post this morning and dealt with the mountain of recycling since its recycling day, oh and also get my hubby all ready and sent away to work at 5am. When I say get my husband ready I mean wake him up, get his coffee and breakfast ready, packed his lunch and say love you, have a good day, see you soon xo. Still with all that I usually wipe up a recipe or two, figure out what’s for dinner, usually by noon. I haven’t even thought that far yet, oh and the darn grocery list needs to be done before tonight too……I am going to my favourite place tonight, funny no-one else here likes to go grocery shopping, but heh I don’t make them come with me:) One more little read from me below the pic, and I will share the recipe after that.
Sweeten up, freshen up, and get delighted when eating a sandwich that offers good nutrition, good taste, and the best of all a sweet kick from the strawberries. This is actually a duo that compliments each other nicely. The rapini is saute with scallions and olive oil and for a finishing flavour boost the strawberries are sprinkled with love by ground nutmeg,tossed in the pan with a splash of fig balsamic vinegar, top the entire meal with a sprinkle of feta cheese, fold it in a grilled whole wheat naan bread, and lunch is served, Ciao for now!
- 1 lbs. of fresh rapini
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ shallot sliced
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. fig balsamic vinegar
- 2-3 fresh strawberries sliced
- ⅛ tsp. nutmeg
- 2 slices of whole wheat naan bread
- Slice strawberries season with nutmeg, and fig balsamic vinegar, set aside
- Toast or grill slices of whole wheat naan bread either on the stove top in a grill pan or in the oven. You just want it to be lightly toasted.
- Clean stocks of rapini, wash and pat dry, boil a pot of water and boil rapini for 2-3 minutes till tender, drain and shock under cold water, drain and dry
- Heat up olive oil in a skillet on medium heat, add sliced shallot, cooking stirring for 1-2 minutes till softens.
- Make sure rapini is dried as well as you can, toss into skillet, season with sea salt and pepper, cook for 2 minutes.
- Toss in strawberries and saute for 1 minute, drizzle honey over everything,place onto toasted naan bread top with a sprinkle of feta cheese, fold in half and serve.