Summer Green Bean Pistachio Salad
It’s Friday, and I couldn’t be happier for it to be the end of this week. I am having a major self pity party. Yeah I know get over it right! That’s what I keep telling myself, but sometimes things just get you down, and you feel like finding that famous rock to hide under neath. I keep looking for that rock, but then I hear my son calling me in the back ground to come help him with sometime, or he wants to play, so I realize I don’t have time for a self pity party, and not to mention he doesn’t deserve me being cranky and bugged out because of something that was said, and things that just seem to not line up and work out. Everything happens for a reason, right?
For anyone who is reading, which I am sure this post will go unnoticed just like all the others that I have poured my passion and hard work into that go unnoticed, I leave you with a great recipe, maybe for the last time, we shall see how Monday feels when it rolls around.
Here is a super easy lunch salad you can whip up in no time, making it great for this Sunday on Mother’s Day, if you have a full day of events planned for your Mom, like gardening or shopping. With this super easy to make healthy salad you won’t have to worry about finding the time to do everything because you will have plenty of time for everything, plus it should bring a smile to your Moms face knowing that she doesn’t have to cook or clean for the day……hint, hint:)
- 1 package of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber peeled, seeds removed and diced
- About 30 fresh green string beans
- 1 green onion chopped
- ½ cup pistachios shell removed
- 2-3 tbsp. light crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Tiny small bunch of fresh parsley chopped, and toss on top for finishing colour and freshness.
- Clean ends off fresh green beans, bring a pot of boiling water to a boil, and cook beans for 5-6 minutes, just till fork tender, not mushy, you want them to still have a little crunch, drain and shock under cold water to stop further cooking, drain again and pat dry. Cut them in half and place into a large bowl.
- Wash cherry tomatoes, cut them in half and add them to the bowl, along with chopped green onion, and diced cucumber.
- Drizzle with oil olive, season with sea salt and pepper, toss to coat evenly.
- Remove pistachios from shell toss on top with crumbled feta, finally sprinkle a small amount of chopped parsley on top for the finishing touch, and your salad is ready to go.
- It would be nice to maybe serve with some toasted whole wheat pita bread on the side as way to complete the meal and make it more filling.