TURKEY, CHICKEN BURGERS
I think that once you try these burgers you will very rarely go back to a beef burger, they are that good, and with the tasty yogurt sauce recipe I have added for you, you won’t want any sugar filled ketchup either. I hope you enjoy these as much as my family and I do!!!
Just in case you are wondering why I keep saying for you to chop everything fine, it’s because I have picky eaters in my house that like to pick out everything in their food, and this allows for me to get them to eat veggies. By the time the food is done cooking the vegetables shrink even more in size and they don’t even know they are eating them. Fortunately for me they don’t realize. If you prefer to have the actual ingredients visible by all means do so lol.
- 1 lb. extra lean ground turkey
- 1 lb. extra lean ground chicken
- 1-2 cloves of garlic mince fine
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger grated
- ½ red pepper chopped fine
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach washed, dried and chopped fine
- 6 mushrooms chopped fine
- ½ red onion chopped fine
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- ¼ cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp. each of sea salt and pepper
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 green onion chopped
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. sweet chilli pepper
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper, more or less depending on your preference of spice
- In a large bowl incorporate the ground chicken and ground turkey, add the garlic puree, grated ginger, chopped spinach, chopped mushrooms, chopped peppers, chopped onions and egg mix well
- Add Parmesan, bread crumbs, flax seed, pepper and cumin.
- Make sure that all the ingredients are mixed in very well with each other.
- If the mixture seems to sticky you may need to add a little more bread crumbs
- Make 6-8 equal Patti burgers
- Heat up the barbecue and grill burgers for 7-8 minutes on each side till they are fully cooked
- Take each slice of naan bread and place on the barbecue as well, grill each side for 2 minutes till they are slightly toasted. Use these as your burger bun. They are a great change and they taste amazing.
- For the yogurt sauce place ¼ cup of plain Greek yogurt in a bowl, chop up green onion and red pepper real fine blend in. Add sweet chili pepper, pepper and paprika give a good stir, if you like spicy food add in the cayenne pepper if not just omit it