Yogurt n’ Chives Biscuits
Dig into these savory yogurt n’ chives biscuits with your next dinner, whether its grilled chicken or broiled salmon on the menu. I adore biscuits, they are so easy to make, they take very little time e.g., you don’t have to wait for the dough to rise, and they are so versatile you can choose to make them just about any flavour you are wanting to complement a breakfast or dinner meal. Who could ask for anything more in a bread!
Pretty soon it is going to get hot out there and you will want a recipe like this kept in your recipe archive, a kind of go to recipe when you are feeling like having fresh bread, but have no interest in the hard work that goes along with making that bread, and not to mention sweating in the heat of a hot summer day. I myself would rather be enjoying the weather swimming, eating in the gazebos or going fishing, not sweating over a hot oven, but we all still have to eat. We can still all eat joyful healthy foods without having to over work ourselves. Whip up a quick and easy batch of these delightful yogurt n’ chives biscuits, place them along side a BBQ dinner or a fresh summer pasta salad.
- 1 cup organic whole wheat flour
- 1 cup organic white flour
- 4 tbsp. ground flax-seed
- 2-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup skim milk
- 3 tbsp, fresh chives chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 400F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl combine, both flours, ground flax-seed, baking powder, sea salt, and chopped chives, whisk to blend.
- In a separate bowl mix yogurt, milk and honey till smooth, pour it into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix well till mixture crumbles well, pour dough mixture out onto a clean work surface that you have lightly dusted with flour.
- Roll dough out so it is about 1-1/2-2″ thick, cut out biscuits using a biscuit cutter or the rim of a glass, place the cut out biscuits onto the prepared baking tray, place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden and cooked all the way through.